Thursday 28 April 2011

About Me.....

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

I have been making country wines for a few years, and have been messing around with beer kits for roughly a year. It is suprising the results that can come from a few basic ingredients.  I am lucky to live in a rural part of Scotland, so don't have to go far for most ingredients,  but there are ingredients close to all of us, it's just knowing where to look.  I have just started a 2 gallon batch of Dandelion wine.  I have absolutely no idea how it's going to taste,  it doesn't smell too good at the moment, but all that will hopefully change as the process progresses!!

Anyway, I hope to keep this blog updated with the trials and tribulations of wine and beer making, along with some pics, recipes and (most importantly) shortcuts to make life easier.

And for the record, I don't make grape wine.  I'm not a big lover of most grape wines, and certainly wouldn't bother wasting time and effort making the stuff when there are plenty of drinkable wines in the shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment